Chairman, Data Advisory Board
January 2018 – current
Data Advisory Board
April 2017 – December 2017
USA for UNHCR’s mission is to help and protect refugees and people displaced by violence, conflict and persecution. Supporting UNHCR – the UN Refugee Agency – and its partners, we provide lifesaving essentials including shelter, water, food, safety and protection.
Established by concerned American citizens, USA for UNHCR is a 501(c)(3) non-profitorganization headquartered in Washington, D.C.
USA for UNHCR is a fundraising organization that aims to support UNHCR financially first and foremost with the 2023 revenue goal of raising $100 million dollars for refugees. In 2018, USA for UNHCR raised $62,466,121 dollars. In order to better serve refugees – creating a voice and delivering results, data and analytics is essential to USA for UNHCR’s programming as we look to engage new and existing audiences to increase their support for refugees.
The Data Advisory Board supports USA for UNHCR by providing data leadership and strategic governance. Day-to-day data operations are led by USA for UNHCR’s Hive Director. Members of the Data Advisory Board act as a thought partner to the Hive’s Director, the appropriate involvement of the Advisory Board is both critical and expected. Here are examples of past work that has been carried out or meaningfully informed by a member of the Data Advisory Board:
- Design and implement a SQL training.
- Design and implement Tableau data visualization training.
- Review, evaluate, and guide the data strategy for The Hive.
- Scope projects and prepare data and materials for a hackathon with Hive data.
- Provide technical coaching to The Hive team.
- Introductions to new strategic partners and stakeholders to support our work.