Data Queen, Start-up advisor, Mom, Traveler, Speaker, Writer
Lauren S Moores
I am a data geek and strategist who uses dirty, disparate data to optimize business practices and create data intelligence products. I have over 25 years in data strategy, data science, data systems and data creation in multiple information and technology industries.
I have spent 25+ years taking ad hoc data data product creation and integration, providing both new scalable revenue opportunities and internal system and communication enhancements.
Org Design & Talent Growth
I have experience creating new departments, integrating new acquisitions, and managing change within existing teams for data science, analytics, data product, architecture and data engineering disciplines.
I have spent 25+ years acquiring, creating and combining disparate, both structured and unstructured data sources together to develop new data and information products.
Through my experience as a data scientist and entrepreneur, I have the ability to translate science and technology concepts into everyday language and a great story.
Montai uses data and technology to pioneer the field of molecular nutrition with a focus to protect and strengthen human health sustainably.
- Exec role focused on building data strategy and solutions to bring new health products to market
Invaio uses data and technology to unlock the potential of interdependent natural systems to solve pressing agriculture, nutrition & environmental challenges
- Consultant role focused on data strategy, system implementation, and advanced analytics to bring new agriculture products to market.
Indigo uses data and digital technologies to improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health.
- Exec role focused on building new 20+ team to deliver over 40+ new data intelligence and geo analytic solutions to scale operations and drive increased transactions in key products in 2019.
VP of Data Science & Strategy
(2017 – 2019)
- Exec role focused on building new agriculture data solutions through new data collection/acquisition, data management and data science.
- Grew small team to 35+ across different data disciplines and three data science focus areas (R&D, Field and Market)
- Delivered data collection and process prototypes, new precision agriculture data, microbial ML analytics, crop product management and marketplace optimization algorithms in 15 month period.
Tala uses mobile technology and alternative data to build financial identities and deliver instant credit for economically underserved people in emerging markets.
Head of Data Analytics
- Strategic role focused on building out team, direction, data products, and business analytics to support core business needs across 4+ countries.
Dstillery is a cross-channel, cross-device data science, audience analytics and agile advertising technology company.
VP of Strategy
- Thought leadership role focused on written collateral, publications and speaking roles at different industry conferences and client venues at least 2- 3 times per month with over 50+ engagements and 35+ pubs in 3 years.
- Business development role focused on research and relationships of new, innovative and relevant data and technology partners in both the online and offline space for partnerships and product integrations. Partners included OOH, TV, attribution and new data to inform product strategy, biz development. data products and create revenue growth of $4M+ in a 2 year period.
VP of Analytics
- Co-founder role for Dstillery Labs focused on creation of innovative digital intelligence solutions combining art and science.
- Founder of new predictive analytics and insights team to enable company- wide initiative to support a cross-device data strategy,
enhanced audience insights, and creation of more data products.
A start-up mobile RTB audience technology company and one of the first mobile DSPs to provide an identity graph for desktop to mobile devices. Acquired by Dstillery in 2013.
Chief Science Officer
- Exec role focused on establishing science and business development for new mobile-based RTB start-up.
- Science role responsible for creation of product rules and methodology for cross-device graph enabling desktop to mobile and mobile to mobile device targeting.
- Strategy role responsible for development of cross-channel data strategy and implementation of audience targeting enhancements including hyper- local, carrier, and industry segmentation.
A former consumer intelligence company providing behavioral analytics based on desktop and mobile clickstream combined with qualitative survey research.
SVP of Data & Research
- Exec role at Compete in strategy, vision and management of operations for 5 teams and 36+ employees to support company data science and product requirements.
- Exec role responsible for data products including methodology, acquisition, integration, operations, solutions, and privacy for 2 million consumer clickstream panel.
- Exe role focused on data thought leadership through corporate partnerships, industry conferences and bodies.
- Key U.S. role in the development of the international go-to-market strategy, including mentoring and hiring of new Kantar unit created to support Kantar operating companies and subsequently merged into Compete International.
Avention (fka as OneSource Information Services) is a B2B Information services company who pioneered the business information portal online.
Director of Content Strategy
- Senior role at OneSource responsible for strategic direction, operations, and management of data integration, data quality and enhancements for all content aspects of company’s flagship B2B product including standardization and enhancement of incoming content: structured databases, unstructured text, and multimedia.
- Senior role responsible for the management and operations of content research, engineering and product teams: process, operational procedures, informational databases and culture for 30+ employees.
ADVISORY BOARDS & TEACHING
USA for UNHCR – U4U
(2017 – ongoing)
I am a member and past Chair of the U4U Data Advisory Board, an initiative of The Hive, USA for UNHCR, a partner of the United Nations Human Council for Refugees, with the goal to harness data to improve the lives of refugees.
Harvard Business Analytics Program – HBAP
(2019 – ongoing)
I am a teaching fellow and pitch ideation mentor for the Harvard Business Analytics online program for emerging and established leaders. Focus areas include digital strategy, leadership, innovation, and change as a result of data and technology.
I teach different courses or lecture on Economics, French, Media, Data Science and Analytics, Product Development and more at Harvard Business Analytics Program, Brown University, NYU, UCLA, Northeastern University and Bryant College.
multiple start-up advisory positions
7 data & measurement patents
active speaker & writer on emerging technologies and data